The Social Artwork

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Source for Artists. Get the Idea? Share it!

The Online Greenhouse

TheGreatAnonymous
    TheGreatAnonymous
    Anonymous

The Online Greenhouse Empty The Online Greenhouse

Post by TheGreatAnonymous Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:38 pm

The Online Greenhouse Flowers-in-greenhouse

The idea is creating a website which is linked to a real greenhouse. Users can have their own plants and care for them by clicking buttons (for water, fertilizer). The plants are streamed live on the internet by surveillance cameras. They will grow and bloom if the users take their responsibilities serious, or die if they don't. In both cases it will be great pictures Very Happy

Here is a link to another website, explaining how to run such a computer controlled greenhouse sytem:

http://www.pc-control.co.uk/greenhouse.htm

Anyone into it? Any ideas?
    Anonymous
    Anartist

The Online Greenhouse Empty Re: The Online Greenhouse

Post by Anartist Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:47 am

This sounds like a big thing!

I would also make sure, that if people manage to grow tamagotchi tomatoes online, they receive a basket with their real tomatoes at harvest time!
    flower
    Anonymous
    user0164

Post by user0164 Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 am

Do you mean something like Teleporting An Unknown State (1994/96) by Eduardo Kac? http://www.ekac.org/teleporting.html
    Anonymous
    user84

Post by user84 Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:55 pm

Great idea for the green house. It doesn't matter if Eduardo Kac has done something similar in the past. Ideas exist independent of us, the ones that have the sensibility to grab them give them different bodies, find different ways of manifesting them. You should be proud you're dialoguing with such an artist. If this idea actually gets materialized, I will be happy to be part f it. You could grow plants to be donated to people that doesn't have the conditions of growing their own (climate or financial problems).
    TheGreatAnonymous
    TheGreatAnonymous
    Anonymous

Post by TheGreatAnonymous Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:31 am

@user84: Thank you!

I believe art shouldn't be about "something similar is already there". It should be more about what we need.
    And I think we need this Greenhouse!
    I would like to try and write a draft to send it in to companies(garden-equipment) who may be interested in helping realizing it. Any other ideas whom we could ask? Farmers maybe?

Also, anyone who would like to help with this project, please join!

Let's do it sunny

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:31 am